Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A personal request.

Hello friends,
                    Today's blog post will be a little different. Today's is a request of you, my readers. Every writer/blogger hits a point where they begin to question the effectiveness of their work. Are people reading? Am I making a difference? Do the words that I write make any real difference in anyone's life?

                    First, for those who have been reading, I want to apologize. As a blogger, regardless of what is going on in my life, I owe it to you to write regularly. I haven't done that. I am sorry. So, part of this personal request is a promise that, if you see any value in what I've written, I will write every Wednesday from now on- as long as the Lord allows. Part of being a Christian is consistency. This needs to be evident in blogging, as well.

                    Why Wednesday? Several reasons.

                    The first is that my days off from my job are Wednesday and Sunday. Today, I intend to write several blog posts. For I have more than one message rolling around inside me.

                    Secondly, Sunday, which is when most of my postings have been written, tend to be a very busy day for most people. But, they don't seem to spend as much time on-line on that day. Therefore, to try and maximize my possible audience- to try and touch as many as possible- I feel it is better to post my blog on Wednesday, rather than on Sunday.

                    Finally, many people attend church on Sunday to be fed by the Lord. However, few go to midweek services. Many times by Wednesday, many folks are running low on spiritual fumes. It is my prayer that, in some small way, this blog will help to rejuvenate them so that they can keep going on for Jesus in the midst of a hard week.

                    I am toying with the idea of changing the name of my blog to, "Wednesday Wisdom," to show the new focus. But, that's hard to do, since I've been doing this for several years under the current blog title. What do you think?

                    So, I have some questions for you, my readers.

                            1) Do you think this blog is worthy of your time? Has it helped you in any way?
                            2) Do you think that I need a new blog name? If so, what do you suggest?
                            3) Does the blog need a new look?
                            4) Do you think I need to change the style of my blogs? I tend to start with scriptures and expound on how those scriptures apply to our lives as Christians. Does that work for you?
                            5) Do you have other suggestions that would make this blog more relevant for today?
                            6) Do you have scriptural questions that you want answers for? I don't know all things, but I know the one who does. I promise I will try and study and pray it out and get back to you as fast as possible with the answer I feel God gives me.

                     In short, I'm asking for feedback from you. Any advice, questions, criticisms, etc that you send my way will be seriously pondered, prayed about, and answered to the best of the ability God gives me.

                    You can either post a response on this blog, my facebook page, or to my email- mwinskie@yahoo.com.

                    Thank you for your time. I covet your prayers and responses to this humble request.

Numbers 6:24-26

King James Version (KJV)
24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

                   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.