Sunday, April 26, 2020

When Jesus tells us, "I'll be there in a minute, just..." More lessens from our dogs

This afternoon I heard my daughter talking to her dogs.

They were in her room. She was in the kitchen doing something.

They wanted her attention and her presence. She was busy doing something.

They started whining. She was busy doing something.

They started yapping, she yelled out to them from the kitchen, "I'll be there in a minute."

They started whining and yapping. She responded, "I'll be there in a minute."

Finally, they started barking and whining and yapping. She marched up to the doorway and said, "I'll be there in a minute. Let me finish what I'm doing."

It sounds like a familiar conversation to me.

When we are stuck in a situation in our lives that we have no control over. And we realize we cannot do anything about it. So, from the area we are stuck in, we cry out, "Lord, I need a little help here!"

The Lord responds, "I'll be there soon."

That's not the answer we want to hear, So we start crying out louder, "Lord, I really need you to move in the situation now!"

The Lord responds, "I said, I'll be there soon. I'm working on something."

Again, in our lack of patience, we really start bawling and squalling, "Lord, you said you'd never leave me nor forsake me. I'm really stuck in this problem and I can't get out. Can you please move now!"

So, the Lord, in His mercy moves into the doorway of our situation and speaks across the trouble that makes us feel like we're divided from him: "I will be there in a minute. Let me finish what I'm doing. When I finish what I'm working on, you won't be stuck, you won't be separated anymore."

The first time we cry out, Jesus is essentially telling us:
"BeholdI come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book."

In other words, "Trust in me and my promises. I'll do what I said I would do. Just hold on."

The second time we cry out, Jesus is telling us: 
"BeholdI come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

In other words, "I'm still working. Don't lose faith. Your deliverance is closer than it was before."

The third time, in his mercy, he moves closer to us. His presence is in our vicinity. We can hear his voice clearly:
"And, beholdI come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."

In other words, "You've remained faithful to me. Just a little longer and I will fulfill the desires of your heart. My purpose will be accomplished even though you think it may never happen. Just hold on." 

All of this put another way: 

Matthew 7:7-8 King James Version (KJV)

Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

So, brethren and sisters. Whatever you may be facing. Whatever you may be going through. Hold on. Keep crying out. God will finish the work and accomplish his purpose for our good and his glory. 
The word "quickly" actually means "suddenly" in the Greek. It may take some time for God to work situations and people into the order and places they need to be. It may seem to us like our dilemma is going to last forever, our trial will never end. All the while, the situation, and the enemy whispers, "All will be lost."
But, Jesus says, 
"I'm working on it to accomplish what I mean this situation to accomplish in your life. I'm taking some bad stuff out of you and putting good stuff into you. And when it is time, I will suddenly move in and set you free!"
All will not be lost. As long as we stick with Jesus, HE will win in the end- and us with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.