Thursday, June 25, 2009

A personal note.

I realize that whenever biblical truth is talked about, there will be some who are angered by it. Let me say in advance, I'm sorry. It is never my intention to anger anyone with God's word. Further, there will be some who will ask, "Who does he think he his, trying to tell me how to live my life."
Let me assure you, strangers, friends, and family alike, I do not ever intend to come across as someone who has "arrived". If any of you get to know me, you will soon realize that I am human, just as you are. I have struggles. I make mistakes. I get hurt. I hurt others, though usually unintentional.
I have learned, however, that the only real truth is found in God's abiding presence and in his eternal word. It is this that I wish to study WITH you. I am in no way pointing AT you. I, like you, am living my life and trying to be the best me that I can be. However, I've learned that to truly be the best me, I must submit my life to the only one who really can change me, Jesus Christ.
Therefore, I ask you, especially those that know me now, or knew me in my mistake filled past, look past the messenger and look to the message. In the grand scheme of things, I'm irrelevant. However, the message giver is very relevant! He loves you more than I ever could. I do love you all, but the only real and perfect love you will ever find is in Jesus. the only lasting hope and real answers you will find are in Jesus. He is the first and the last, the beginning and the end. He is the great "I am..."
He left that open ended statement for all of us on purpose. We say we need love. He says that "I am ..." the only true lover of your soul. If we need a friend, he's the friend that sticks closer than a brother. If we need provision, he's the provider. If we need a father that will never let us down, he will be that father to us. If we need salvation (and we all do), he stands ready to save us. All we need to do is lovingly obey his word: "Repent,be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
God bless you all. Until next time (from one imperfect man to imperfect hearers)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.