Sunday, July 5, 2009

It's Comforting!

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1

Last night, as you can tell by my previous blog, I was feeling a little down. I won't elaborate again. You can read it for yourselves. However, an amazing thing happened.
We live in Monessen, Pa. It's an old "steel" town that's set on the shore of the Monongahela river. There are several little towns along the river here. All of them were shooting fireworks off last night.
I should tell you that we have 4 dog's. Two are mixed breed Rottweilers. One is a mixed breed Lab. The last is a mixed breed Shihtzu. All of them are good dog's. They're protective and loving at the same time. My dog, "Talon", is one of the Rott's. He likes to act like he's big and bad. However, when all the fireworks were going on, I got to watch something amazing and wonderful.
Talon doesn't understand the meaning of July 4th. He doesn't know why we shoot off the fireworks. All he knows is that they're loud! The noise really bothered him, especially the big booms that the cities fireworks spectacular produced. His reactions at first were comical, as he would bark and growl at the perceived threat, not knowing where it was coming from, or why.
Then he did something precious, he came and laid down beside my recliner where I was seated, wanting to be close to the safety of his masters presence. Before it was over, the whole family, dog's and all, were watching the fireworks, from the safety of the upstairs bedroom, through the windows. The dog's were calm then. I even saw a shooting star.
It was at that point that God seemed to whisper to me. "All the problems and worries you're carrying, let me have them. They're to much of a burden for you. Do me like Talon did you. Simply lay down at my feet and leave the worries to me. Trust me. I won't leave you or forsake you. It'll all work out in my time and in my way."
All I can say is, What a difference a day makes! I've left the worries with my master and I can rest in him. Whatever happens, he's in control! Sound to good to be true? Try it for yourself. I promise, he won't let you down. But don't take my word for it, take his.
By the way, as I write this, Talon and Peter (the Shitzu) are running through the living room playing, without a care in the world because they know that they are loved, cared for, and protected. It's a joy to see. Our master, Jesus, would like to see us the same way! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Bro. I will check it out. Enjoy your blog. Are you writing your new books yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, I may at some time try some sermon writings to publish or some type of commentary, not sure yet. This first one is kind of a novelty idea and for my son somewhat. I do intend to write a book of short stories soon. Keep up the good work. I have to get back to drawing very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.