Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Finishing well- a heartfelt prayer.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life. I've done a lot of wrong things. I've taken a lot of wrong turns.

Even with my walk with Jesus, I've stumbled and fallen more than my fair share.

I'm 54 years old now. I don't know how many years I have left. Della and I would like 60 more years together to love Jesus, love each other, and love other people. Scripture says I'm not promised tomorrow.

All I know is that I've reached a place in my life where my number one priority is to be sure that I run the rest of my race the right way- and that I finish my journey well for Jesus and my family.

That's my prayer. That's my plea to my Lord. Help me to finish just as well as I messed up when I started. Help me to redeem the time I have left by loving my family, loving others, and holding on to you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. Cause at the end of the day, that's all that truly matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.