Thursday, June 18, 2020

The living parable of the ladybug

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Yesterday, we went to Sams Club. On our way back, somehow a ladybug had managed to get into the cab of our truck. Not being a super violent man, I didn't wish to just kill it outright. But, I had a problem. The little thing, after it got over its initial fright, decided it did not need to wait where it was. It needed to start moving and try and find out where it needed to go. 

This caused a problem because we never got stopped by a red light on the way home. The whole 25-minute trip home was actual movement. So, the little ladybug was moving the whole time! It would not sit still and trust that I would let it out safely when we got home. Rather, it was constantly moving. So, when it got to one side of my hand, I would have to place my other hand there in front of it. It would see that and change hands. Occasionally, it would try and force it's way between my fingers, which of course it could not do. But, for the most part, it kept traveling up and around my hands the whole trip. I was going somewhere, but the little bug truly was just walking around in circles in mostly a straight line up and down my hands.  When we reached home, I handed the little bug off to my 6-year-old granddaughter, Ella, who ended up depositing the now happy little thing onto a nearby bush. 

But, the thought hit me. How like that little lady-bug are we humans, especially me. 

God has promised to take care of us if we will just trust him. I know I am safe in his hands. But, rather than just rest there in the middle of his hand, I start moving. I want to see where I'm going so I can know what's going on and maybe make plans. I start moving this way and that in a vain effort to see what God is doing. 

It's not a lack of trust.

I truly know I'm safe in his hands. It's just that I want to KNOW what he's doing and where he's taking me.   

Nevermind that I know he's got this. Never mind that I know he's working all things out for my good and his glory. Nevermind that I know he has an amazing future planned out for me and my family. 

I just want to see and try and do my part in the preparation.

But, sometimes, I can wear myself out trying to see and figure things out. I can tire my family with my efforts and lack of rest (and sometimes sleep) in trying to be prepared. 

His word says that If I wait on him, I will renew my strength. Why? Because you can't charge your batteries if you don't sit on the charging hand of God and wait. And if I do wait, he says I will fly, run without weariness and walk without fainting. What a promise! 

So Lord, Please help me to simply rest in the palm of your hand on my journey and wait on the beautiful plan you've made for us to unfold in your good time. 

For truly, you do all things well.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. In fact, I want you to comment. However, any comments that are rude or contain curse words, etc, will be removed.